The Meadows Health Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC) is a group of former patients, family members of those patients, members of the community, hospital staff, and administrative leaders who are committed to finding opportunities to improve the patient and family experience at Meadows Health. Our purpose is to improve systems, processes, quality, safety and efficiency of care through joint collaboration. A responsibility of Meadows Health is one of continuous improvement in quality, access, safety and experience of care.
The goals of the patient and family advisory committee will be guided by our mission, vision and values. The primary goals are to:
1. Offer insight about what Meadows Health does well and where changes may be needed.
2. Help develop priorities and make improvements based on patient and family identified needs.
3. Help inspire and generate new ideas and solutions
4. Serve as a link to the community
5. Improve patient safety
6. Improve collaboration between caregivers, patients, and families so that concerns regarding quality of care are addressed effectively
7. Improve patient and family satisfaction
8. Provide input into the priorities and planning efforts of Meadows Health
9. Help to build a positive relationship between the Meadows Health and the community.
10. Evaluate practices, programs and services and also provide recommendations that respond to the unique needs of the patient and family based on patient-family centered care and principles.
11. Participate in organizational development, planning, and patient satisfaction initiatives.
The PFAC will be integrated into the organization’s infrastructure and will include a variety of members including the AVP of Process Improvement, Director of Quality, Patient Safety Officer, frontline staff members (including nurses, directors, and physicians), patients/patient family members, and members of the community. Staff representing a variety of areas, patients/family member’s with both positive and negative experiences at Meadows Health, along with members from the community with combined from a variety of ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, religion, races and cultures.
If you have a question that isn’t answered by the documents below or would like to speak with someone about the opportunities for membership, please email the Meadows Health Patient and Family Advisory Committee at PFAC@meadowsregional.org.